Since our platform has an integration with your payroll provider, we can take a lot of work off your plate regarding the processing of your payroll files through automation (yay!). This guide will help you set up your integration as well as understand your specific responsibilities for the proper submission of payroll files. Even though your payroll provider is integrated with our platform, all Employers have ongoing requirements to make sure the content is correct.
What is a payroll integration?
A payroll integration is a process in which MarylandSaves will receive demographic information about your employees and their after-tax Roth IRA Contributions via an automated feed directly from Payroll Services PeopleWorX on each pay date.
What is a 180 payroll integration?
This is a one-way integration in which we will receive information directly from your payroll system; however, we cannot send information back. For example, after you run your payroll, the integration will automatically send your employee's Roth deferrals for contribution into their MarylandSaves IRA accounts. However, all deferral changes made by employees will have to be updated manually by you, the employer, in the payroll system.
How do I initiate my integration setup?
Your Payroll Services PeopleWorX representative will complete your company's Onboarding process on your behalf for the MarylandSaves program. During this process, email@example.com will be added as an Admin on your MarylandSaves portal.
Once firstname.lastname@example.org has been added as an admin, your Payroll Services PeopleWorX representative will proceed with setting up the payroll integration.
For further guidance on how to add someone to your Admin team, please follow the instructions in Manage Your Admin Team.
Please note - You are still responsible for submitting contributions directly to your MarylandSaves portal until the payroll integration has been confirmed.
Even though your payroll provider is integrated with our platform, all employers have ongoing requirements to make sure the content is correct. Your Payroll Services PeopleWorX representative will maintain these responsibilities; however, for your reference, this guide lists the specific responsibilities for the proper submission of payroll files.
What are my responsibilities if my company has an active payroll integration?
- Maintain employee deferral rates in your payroll system. Updating Employee Deferral Changes
- Once your integration is active, you will no longer be able to edit pay groups in the portal as this can disrupt the processing of contributions. For further assistance, please contact email@example.com
- Employee Status Changes
- Make updates in your payroll system when employees are hired, terminated, or re-hired, etc.
- Employee Personal Information
- Include complete, accurate, and up-to-date personal information within your payroll system for any new employees. This includes date of birth, social security number, home address and email address. Once your employees are enrolled in MarylandSaves, you won’t be able to change their personal information in the program. The employee will be responsible for making any changes directly in their MarylandSaves portal. Editing Employee Data
- Pay Frequency/Schedule Changes
- If you change your pay frequency or pay schedule, log into the MarylandSaves portal to update your payroll records with the program. Editing Payroll Setup
- Review Payroll Data
- We rely on you to provide us with correct, updated, and complete data about your employees regardless of whether we receive that data directly from you or from your payroll provider. Regular audits and spot checks of the data provided to us, as well as completed contributions, will help you quickly identify and rectify any discrepancies.
- Contribution Validation Errors
- From time to time, a contribution may cause a validation error when processing. If that occurs, you will receive an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org notifying you of the error. Please review the cause of the error in the MarylandSaves portal and take the appropriate action to remedy the issue. Managing Validation Errors on Integrated Payroll Submissions.
What does MarylandSaves handle for me if my company has an active payroll integration?
- MarylandSaves will receive contributions from your payroll provider each pay period on your scheduled pay date. If you process an off cycle contribution, those will typically be processed the next business day.
Employee Status Changes
- When you add employees in your payroll system, the changes will be reflected in the portal within 1-2 business days after the next pay date. New Employees then have 30 days to decide if they will participate in the MarylandSaves program. They will automatically be notified of their enrollment, along with their participation options, via email or physical mail.
Will Payroll Services PeopleWorX charge me any fees to set up and/or maintain my payroll integration?
Please talk with your Payroll Services PeopleWorX representative to find out about any fees that may apply. MarylandSaves will not charge you to facilitate this integration.